Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Utimate Foundation for Dry Skin- Giorgio Armarni Luminous Silk Foundation

"Wow!", Is all I have to say for this foundation!

If you have read my previous 'Nars Sheer Glow Foundation' Review, you'll know how much I loved that foundation until recently (mid Autumn), it began clinging to my dry patches even though this foundation claims to be best suited for drier skin types.

So, off I trotted to Selfridges to find a new foundation to wear which wouldn't make me look like a dry mess. I had heard a lot of reviews about Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk from beauty bloggers such as Amelia Lily and thought I'd test it out.

The lady who applied the foundation was lovely and originally matched me to shade 8 which inside looked amazing, outside made me look like a different race! So, I went back another day and was matched to shade 6, which appeared a shade too light so I opted to purchase the shade 6.5 which I'm satisfied with.

What I love about this foundation is it comes in half shades, so .5 on all shades, if your in between two shades. It glides on effortlessly to the skin, blends like a dream, has a pump and doesn't have an overly perfumed scent. It's amazing!

I would however, steer clear of this foundation if you are oily otherwise you will look greasy, I think it is best suited to dry or combination skin types, if your of the latter skin type, wear a good primer and powder before.

It leaves a healthy and 'luminous' finish to the skin, is light to medium coverage and definitely buildable, in terms of coverage.


Here is how the foundation looks on with no filter and no primer underneath. (Please excuse my heavy eye makeup, I was off to an engagement party!). This is an unedited picture and without flash. As you can see across my eyebrow, top of my cheekbones and my chin, that it leaves a 'luminous' healthy glow, next time your around a Giorgio Armani make up stand, check it out!

Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig