Friday, 6 June 2014

REVIEW: Mac Prep & Prime Highlighter in 'Light Boost'


*Apologies for the flash!*

This particular item has been on my wishlist for so long. I decided to take the plunge and purchase it after seeing so many YouTubers use this highlighter in their videos and it looking incredible. Essentially, it is a highlighter which is used to brighten the face and bring certain areas of the face forwards, i.e. the centre of the forehead, the bridge of the nose, tops of the cheekbones and the top of your upper lip (cupids bow in YouTube makeup terminology lol). 

It is of a opaque light yellow colour and is highly pigmented which can be sheered out along with the use of a damp beauty blender or any damp sponge. I really like the effect it gives the face as it bring back structure and dimension back to face since foundation can leave the face looking very flat.

The packaging is simple and easy to use, you just twist the end of the pen and the product dispenses from the brush type applicator on the opposite side. My only negative about this is that it can be quite drying directly under my eyes, even when I have exfoliated and moisturised. So if you have slightly dry skin underneath your eye area, perhaps use less product in that area of your face.

It is priced at £18.00 which is a bit steep, however, this product looks amazing for evening events or wedding and looks great in pictures. I purchased it from my local Mac store and can be also be purchased via their online website-link here :) Also, there are other shades available if you find this colour isn't for you.

Thanks for reading. 





(My hands are not this wrinkly lol, I need to change Google settings!)

Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig