Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Worth the Hype?- Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour Palette



After waiting literally agess for www.cultbeauty.com for this gem to be back in stock, I jumped at the occasion to purchase this palette after cult beauty offered £5 off all Anastasia products when spending a minimum of £40 ( I think, it was a while back...oops!). 

However, upon delivery and tearing the packaging open, I found the palette was quite small in size, about as small as a regular book. But, I really like how slim it is as it would be really convenient when travelling to just pop it in your makeup bag and go. 

As well as this, the shades are decently pigmented (as seen in the picture below), and have a .g pan of product. 

Now, the only downside to the palette are the shade ranges, as much as they are suitable to light & medium skin tones, they are not suitable to those of a deeper complexion which is unfortunate as it is a versatile product containing highlighting and contour shades in a compact size. And I don't find the highlighter shade to be as strong as I like it since it is quite a natural looking highlight upon the cheek especially for my skin tone. (Gives more of a sheen and would be nice for 'no makeup days').

Finally, I dont regret my purchase but I don't think its anything special, for example, I dont understand the matte light pink shade for the undereye area? Saying that, I definitely think its handy when travelling and is definitely a luxury not a necessity :)



However, it seem as if Anastasia has heard our prayers and has released a contour kit with medium- dark shades, check it out here :)

Share:
© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig