Wednesday, 16 March 2016

BEST Long Lasting Foundation for OILY SKIN!

Is it just me or is every foundation promising 'Glowy and Dewy Skin'? We have seen catwalks upon catwalks and trends upon trends telling us 'glowy and radiant' skin is back in 'fashion', if you will, and to shun matte skin. But what about us oily gals where pretty much everything slips right off our faces?

I have the answer right here!



Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. A lot of people state this foundation is cakey, looks like too much make up or is not 'natural'. But it actually the no.1 foundation in the UK!

I have found this to be the most durable foundation that I have ever used. Since I work in a department store where my make up needs to be flawless for up to 9 hours I needed a long lasting, matte foundation as I get oily very quickly at work. Working under bright lights, the unnecessary heating, and the constant running around faffing over customers always would leave my skin greasy and would wear away on my chin and upper cheek area.

It goes without saying, I would actually look and feel like crap lol so I got a sample of the EL Double Wear and I am in love! I use a Bobbi Brown full coverage foundation brush and dab my Real Techniques Sponge all over my face and press in the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder to really ensure my make up DOESN'T BUDGE! And halleleujah, it doesn't haha!

But there are some thing you should know before wearing this foundation.

  1. You must exfoliate thoroughly beforehand as it does cling to dry patches. 
  2. It is quite matte looking, but don't be alarmed as once your natural oils kick in, it leaves a flawless finish.
  3. You can pour out too much product as it does not come with a pump and a little goes a loooong way.
  4. Do NOT  use a silicone primer underneath as the foundation will move around when applying.
  5. It definitely gives the appearance of foundation i.e perfected skin, it isn't a subtle foundation look at all. But it looks flawless honey!


Nonetheless, I find this foundation too look excellent for occasions and when you don't want to constantly touch up your make up. I would always touch up my make up when at work, but with this foundation I only touch up ONCE, if that as it does always look put together. 

I also use the shades, Tawny and Cashew for reference.

What do you think of this foundation? To purchase click here :)
Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig