Sunday, 1 January 2017

TOP 10¦ Best of Make Up 2016!

2016 was a year was a year in which I worked full time on a beauty counter so I HAD to wear make up which WAS long lasting, didn't move or make me look a mess after running around after customers sweating and in humid conditions (AC seems a myth these days).

Finding what worked for my skin type (oily, dehydrated and veryyy sensitive) meant I did look a bit of an idiot half the time; smudged mascaras, disapearing foundation, creased under eyes and a complexion which was never here or there when it came to my make up.

As a result of all of this I have FINALLY found products and techniques which have worked for my skin and which I will religiously use time and time again. So, if you would like to read what my best of 2016 make up products are then keep reading :)





1.) Double Wear LIGHT in 'Intensity 3.5', a medium coverage with a thin consitency which does not move and is sweat and humidity resistant. It keeps me matte all day and doesn't gather around my chin which is my problem area. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

2.) Urban Decay Naked Concealer in 'Medium Neutral', see post here :)

3.) RCMA Colourless Powder is the BOMB! Better than Laura Mercier powder and you can read a detailed synopsis here haha

4.) Becca Mattifying Primer truly keeps my make up matte and instantly makes my skin look refreshed. Read more here.

5.) Soap & Glory Brow Pencil is my most used brow product of the year. It has a very small nib so you can create brow strokes and fill in the brows beautifully. I use the colour 'chocolate brown' and I much prefer this to the ABH dipbrow pomade.

6.) Maybelline 'Falsies' Mascara is amazing on my top lashes. It separates, elongates and thickens without looking clumpy. I think I've used 5/6 tubes of this and it is my all time favourite. Mac Gigablack Waterproof Mascara is amazing for the bottom lashes as it does not transfer. Since I have oily skin my mascara would always transfer but with this mascara it doesn't at all. A lot of YouTubers love this as well so I assume it is already a cult favourite for many.

7) Tom Ford Blusher in 'Savage' is the deep maroon with a beautiful gold shimmer throughout. I have been using this non stop since Autumn and it is so pigmented so a little is enough. As well as this TF's limited blush duo in 'BiCoastal', is another favourite. The hot pink shade beneath instantly perks any make up look and the highlight above just gives the most beautiful glow.

8.) Tom Ford 'Deeper' liquid eyeliner has been used this entire year! Doesn't move and is so easy to use. It can literally be used by anyone!

9.) ABH 'Shadow Couture' Palette  has been my everyday eye shadow palette. Read more here :)

10.) Lips: TF lipstick in 'Sable Smoke' which is the perfect beige browny nude and TF lip gloss in 'Tawny Pink' and 'Sahara Pink' have been my go to lip products for which ever make up look I wore and since I pretty much only wear nudey browns or pinks these products have never let me down. They stay on and look amazing. Oh, and I forgot to mention my favourite lip liner which is my OBSESSION, Illamasqua's lip liner in 'Dream', is my perfect brown lip liner. It has a small amount of pink to it and it is beautiful!

2016 has been a month of falling in and out of love with make up but I am always going to be a make up lover! These products are all my holy grails but I'd love to know yours or if we have the same favourites! :)


Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig