Sunday, 19 February 2017

Dealing with Adult Acne

A fury of emotions barging through your front door, knocking you over and staying in your house without permission and doing as they please whenever and whatever they want.

That is how I feel adult acne is. No longer a teenager to pass it off as 'teenage skin' , and adult enough to listen to everyone's remedies and suggestions to 'fix' your skin, not knowing you have dealt with body and facial acne since you were 11 years old.

Teenage acne tends to be all over the face, typically cheeks and forehead and adult acne tends to be around the jaw line with cysts or small angry zits. I currently am experiencing the latter and sat writing this post with a Tumeric and yogurt face mask; a natural mask packed with anti inflammatory and calming ingredients, just what I need for an angry mob of spots sat comfortably on my jaw!

So, I thought I'd write a few tips on what I have learnt over the years to help my spots.


  1. Simplify your skincare routine. I cleanse night and day with Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, moisturise with Embryolisse Lait Concentrate during the day and at night use my prescribed spot cream from the doctors on my jaw. I apply Rosehip oil on my forehead and upper cheeks at night as this part of my face is unscathed.
  2. Change your bed sheets. Your bed sheets and pillow covers tend to house a lot of bacteria and saliva if your dribble haha! It's peace of mind and knowing that your going to bed in clean sheets.
  3. Drink plenty amounts of water. It'll flush your body of toxins and generally help your overall appearance.
  4. Eat healthily. You are what you eat. 
  5. Try not to pick at your spots. I am the worst culprit for this. Picking at the spots will create a breeding ground for more spots to grow and cause that section of your face to be redder and sore.
  6. Try not to wear make up when you don't need to. I know this is hard and I only wear makeup when I am at work as it is required and I love to not wear make up to let my skin 'breathe'. And try to wear 'oil free' products.
  7. It's not the end of the world. People have it worse. Your not going to die. And stop stressing.

Now to actually use all of my points. HA!
Share:

No comments

© Sakinahsays | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig